The SPOT Personal Tracker is the world's first satellite GPS personal messenger providing location-based communication to friends, family or professional services.
The SPOT device notifies friends, family or an international rescue coordination center with your GPS location and status based on situation and need—all with the push of a button. Check out rescue stories.SOS / 911:
This function is used in the event of a life threatening or other critical emergency to notify emergency services of your geographic (GPS) location and that you need assistance.Help:
In the event of a non-life threatening emergency, this function can be used to notify your personal contacts that you need assistance.Check-in / OK:
This feature allows you to let your friends and family (up to 10 pre-determined contacts) know that all is OK with a pre-programmed message along with your geographic (GPS) location.Track Progress:
This feature allows you to send and save your location and allow contacts to track your progress in near real time using Google Maps.
SPOT Service Plans
The Basic Service Plan
- 911 - Notifies the emergency response center of your GPS location
- Help - Ask family and friends for help.
- Check/OK - Let contacts know where you are and that your are OK.
- Unlimited use of services
- Annual cost: $99.99
- Track Progress allows friends and family to follow your progress online in real time or to save waypoints so you can review your entire route at a later date - $49.99 per year.
- Rescue Cost Reimbursement up to $100K in Search and Rescue (SAR) expenses - $7.95 per year.
The price of the SPOT Messenger doesn't include cost of service. The service plan should be activated and paid for after you receive your device. Please follow the instructions in the package.
- Height: 4.4 in (11.1 cm)
- Width: 2.7 in (6.9 cm)
- Thickness: 1.7 in (4.4 cm)
- Weight: 7.4 oz (209 g)
- Operating Temp: -45C to 85C (-40F to 185F)
- Operating Altitude: -91m to +6,492m (-300ft to +21,300ft)
- Humidity Rated: MIL-STD-810, Method 507.3, 95% to 100% cond.
- Vibration Rated: Per SAE J1455
- Battery Type: AA Lithium
Power ON, unused: ~ 1 year
Tracking mode: ~ 14 days
S.O.S./911 mode: up to 7 days
Check / OK: 1900 messages
SPOT Service Coverage Map
- Orange: 99% or better probability of successfully sending a single message within 20 minutes.
- Yellow: 96% to 99% probability of successfully sending a single message within 20 minutes.
- Dark Grey: Reduced or no coverage available within a 20 minute period.
- Light Grey: No coverage in this area.