The Iridium Southern Cross plan provides discounted airtime rates for customers using Iridium satellite phones in Australia, New Zealand and 60 miles (100 km) offshore.
IMPORTANT! The Southern Cross plan has been discontinued by Iridium. Any SIMs that were activated before Feb 15, 2017 will be valid until their current expiration date.
- Iridium SIM-card
- 200 minutes of outgoing calls
- Account Validity: 6 months
- Value-added services (messaging, data, voicemail)
Cost of included airtime:
|Outbound Voice Calls||USD/min.|
| To landlines & cell phones worldwide||1.50|
| To Iridium phones & voicemail||1.13|
| To other satellite systems||14.18|
|Incoming Calls|| |
| Direct dial calls||FREE|
| Two-stage dialing calls||1.95|
|Direct-Internet Data Calls:||1.50|
|Text Messages (SMS)|| |
| Outbound message||0.50|
| Incoming message||FREE|
- Geographic restrictions. Iridium Southern Cross subscribers can place outgoing calls and send text messages ONLY from the territory of Australia and New Zealand, including 60 nautical miles into their coastal waters. It WILL NOT work for outgoing calls anywhere else.
- The account can be refilled with Southern Cross 200-min vouchers as often and as many times as needed with all unused minutes to be rolled over. However, the validity time will not combine, so the maximum validity of available minutes cannot exceed 6 months.
- All unused minutes will be rolled over to the new voucher, provided the new voucher is loaded before expiration date of the previous one.
- Calls to rare destinations such as other satellite systems, premium numbers, etc. are more expensive and will result in quicker depletion of included minutes.
- Billing increment: 20 seconds
Do not purchase a new plan if you want to add more minutes to your existing unexpired Iridium Northern Lights account with SATTRANS. Get a new Iridium airtime voucher