SAT-VDA Thuraya Hands-Free Car Kit is a premium vehicle kit for Thuraya, it ensures uninterrupted satellite service while using Thuraya SG-2520 satellite phones in vehicles.
Due to the nature of satellite signal, requiring direct view of the satellite, SAT-VDA significantly improves reliability of the satellite service for in-vehicle use.
Hands-free features of SAT-VDA let you drive in comfort and safety while using your Thuraya phone. With the Digital Signal Processing box, the voice quality and comfort of use have never been greater.
has built-in capabilities to use all features of your Thuraya phone and service such as automatic GSM roaming, GPS, text messaging, 9600 bps data, Voicemail and call holding/forwarding.
- Full-duplex hands-free operation of Thuraya phones
- Perfect voice reproduction
- Mutes stereo when calling
- 9600 bps satellite Data/Fax (with optional data cable)
- Car antenna available for north or south latitudes
- Handset for private talk
- Charges phone Li-Ion battery
- Operationally compatible with GSM phones
- Compatibility: Thuraya SO-2520 only (with standard battery)
In the box:
Note for users in Australia:
- 3-in-1 magnet-mount antenna (select antenna type above)
- Thuraya SO-2520 phone cradle
- Universal stand (Type 8)
- DSP Unit
- Hands-Free Microphone
- Cables Pack
- User manual
Thuraya docking stations sold in the USA are supplied with a standard 'south' antenna. 'North' antennas will not work in Australia. The 'south' antenna works in Northern Australia with the antenna directed towards the Thuraya-3 satellite, although the signal level is going to be low (one bar). We have developed a universal Thuraya Hemi Omni antenna
, which is designed to work throughout Thuraya coverage, including Australia.