Thuraya discontinued ThurayaECO plan.
All remaining active ThurayaECO subscribers will automatically be converted to the NOVA plan on January 31, 2013.ThurayaECO Prepaid Plan
provides a low-cost start
and discounted rates
for calls originating from 83 countries in Africa, Asia and Europe (see below) — as low as 50 cents per minute!IMPORTANT!
Thuraya service is NOT available in North & South America. Consider Iridium satellite phones
Thuraya & Voicemail:
Fixed & cellular phones
Thuraya Data & Fax
Iridium & Inmarsat
|Always-on Internet (GmPRS)
|Incoming calls & messages
- All calls are charged at 60 second increments.
Benefits from SATTRANS:
- SIM-card with phone number +88216XXXXXXXX
- Preloaded Airtime: $5
- Account Validity: 1 year
- Direct deposit of ANY amount of airtime
- Free Web password
- Free online balance check
- Call details upon request
- Global telephone number: +8821658XXXXXX
LIST OF 83 COUNTRIES:
- ThurayaECO plan has initial validity of one year from first call.
- Annual Renewal Fee: $15.00
- If the account balance is below $15 upon anniversary, the account enters the 90-day grace period (Incoming calls are still possible).
- If the account is refilled within the grace period, the existing balance will be restored.
- If the account is NOT refilled within the grace period, the entire unused balance will be reset to zero and the account will be deactivated.
IMPORTANT! The ThurayaECO plan WILL NOT WORK outside these 83 countries!
You should purchase another Thuraya plan if you plan to travel to other countries.Account Validity:
- ThurayaECO account validity is extended by a scratch card refill.
- Each scratch card has a corresponding credit amount which customer can consume within the credit validity period. 10-unit — 15 days, 20-unit — 30 days, 39-unit — 2 months, 50-unit — 3 months, 80-unit — 5 months, 160-unit — 12 months.
- Credit validity is cumulative. The maximum credit validity is 18 months.
- Upon credit expiry, account balance is reset to zero and the account enters the grace period.
- During the two (2) month grace period, the customer can simply refill his/her account with a scratch card to restore access to all Thuraya services. Incoming calls are possible during the grace period.
- If account is not refilled within the grace period, it will enter the reactivation period. No calls are possible during reactivation period, except calls to 150 (prepaid account main menu). The customer can reactivate his/her account within four months, subject to a $5.00 fee.
- If account is not reactivated, it will be terminated and the number will be lost.
ThurayaECO customers will not be able to call fixed and cellular phones based in the following countries and to Globalstar satellite phones.
Papua New Guinea
Wallis and Futuna