Thuraya PREPAY Plan SIM provides flat calling rates throughout the Thuraya coverage in Africa, Asia, Europe and Australia.
Thuraya satellite service is NOT available
in North & South America. Choose Iridium
satellite phones instead.
Thuraya PREPAY plan comes with:
- $10 of preloaded airtime
- 1 year of account validity
- Activated services: voice, messaging, GmPRS data, voicemail
Benefits from SATTRANS:
- Direct deposit of ANY amount of airtime
- Free Web password
- Free online balance check
Call Type & Destination
Rate, per min.
Thuraya, Voicemail, Dial-Up 1722
Most destinations, Band 1
Band 2, Globalstar
Catch-All, Iridium, Inmarsat
|GmPRS Packet Data
|Outgoing Text Messages (SMS)
|Incoming calls & messages
- All calls are charged at 60 second increments, GmPRS - at 100-Kb data blocks.
- Thuraya PREPAY plan has initial validity of one (1) year from first call.
- Annual Renewal Fee: $39.00
- If the account balance is below $39 at the renewal time, the account enters the 90-day grace period. Incoming calls are still possible.
- If the account is reloaded within the grace period, the existing balance will be restored.
- If the account is NOT reloaded within the grace period, the entire unused balance will be reset to zero and the account will be permanently deactivated.
- NEW! Starting April 1, 2019, a Thuraya prepaid account must be reloaded with $20 worth of airtime at least once every 365 days to maintain a positive account balance.
- The majority of world countries and territories fall in Band 1 destinations.
- The countries, territories and other satellite systems mentioned below correspond to Band 2 and Catch-All destinations. Calling to those destinations will result in a significantly higher calling rate and faster depletion of your Thuraya prepaid balance.
Inmarsat mini M
Inmarsat BGAN HSD
Wallis and Futuna
History of Tariff Changes
- Apr 1, 2019: In-network (Thuraya) rate call will increase from $0.99 to $1.19 per minute.
- Apr 1, 2019: A minimum $20 airtime top-up is required every 365 days to maintain a positive account balance.