All Thuraya subscribers can now enjoy reliable Internet access and data transmission at speeds of up to 60 Kbps downlink and 15 Kbps uplink through their satellite phones. Thuraya GmPRS allows users to browse the Internet, send and receive emails, share files and pictures and access a wide range of other data applications.
- Speed: up to 60 Kbps (downlink), 15 Kbps (uplink).
- "Always-on" connection, billed per amount of data transferred, not per time online.
- Voice and messaging is enabled during data sessions.
- Supports data applications: email, Web browsing, FTP, VPN, etc.
- ThurayaMail: FREE email account 88216XXXXXXXX@thurayamail.com.
- ThurayaCase: FREE 5MB file storage and sharing.
- Public static IP address is available (extra charge).
- Available for both prepaid and postpaid subscribers.
The service is ideal for people on the move: journalists, media professionals, oil and gas workers, NGOs, adventure seekers and frequent travelers whose work and lifestyle demand always-on Internet access in places where local communication services are unreliable or unavailable.
What is needed
- Thuraya SO-2510, SG-2520, XT or XT-DUAL satellite phones, SatSleeve (2nd generation).
- Thuraya prepaid account
- Thuraya USB cable to connect to a computer/laptop (included with the phone).
- A computer with Windows XP, Vista or 7.
- Activation Fee: FREE
- Data transfer: $3.50/MB (charged at 100-KB blocks)
- Fixed IP Annual Fee (not refundable): $300
How to Activate
- Thuraya GmPRS is activated by default with your prepaid plan.
- In order to get your ThurayaMail password, send a blank SMS to 1134 (normal SMS charge will apply).